The Data & Modelling Centre will be responsible for:
- harmonizing the metadata and data from national platforms;
- data quality improvement and data analysis;
- ensuring visibility and access to AnaEE data;
- facilitating access to a range of ecosystem modelling solution and models factories platforms;
- improving models interoperability;
- facilitating the use of models by non-model developers;
- feeding the Data and Modelling section of the AnaEE portal.
The AnaEE platforms will deliver various sets of data: the continuous routine measurements of environmental conditions in the experimental platforms, the projects specific measurements taken by the platforms users and the simulation data generated by models. These high value data, long and expensive to acquire will valorised as much as possible according to the ‘FAIR’ principles (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable).
Models are necessary to develop and test our understanding of the complex quantitative relationships between processes within ecosystems in interactions with the environments. Access of 2 types of national modelling platforms: the Modelling Solution Platforms (a platform around a well-established and supported model) and the Model Factory Platforms (an advanced and well-established facility that offer users access to models, model development tools and integrated simulation facilities).
Figure legend: Scheme of the Data and Modelling Centre presenting its functions and the planned staff.